Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Caribbean Yoga

The Yoga scene on the island is pretty fantastic!
 There is not a single Yoga studio here, yet, there is a class offered almost everyday of the week.
Hatha Yoga, Cardio Yoga, Yoga for Beginners, Vinyasa Yoga, Dynamic Flow and Yoga for Stress
 I teach on Tuesday evenings and each week I am reminded of my purpose here in Dominica. 
It is really easy to become discouraged about whether I am making the most of myself living here
and certainly doubt can easily overcome me if I don't focus on the big picture... which is:
Growing in my Yoga Practice, developing as an individual, and of course- 
supporting the love of my life.

For one hour every week I have the opportunity to help Medical Students not only exercise their body and raise their heart rates- I help them relax, to center themselves, organize their thoughts and to refocus their hearts on their purpose. My students also include the brilliant spouses of the Med Students. Although many people assume that we (the spouses) are simply on vacation - it is quite the opposite. There is no such thing as a lazy spouse- these women (and men) work so hard to develop a functioning schedule- one that caters to their hardworking medical student husband (or wife) and one that fulfills them as a unique and insanely important individual. 

Simply put-
I am truly blessed.
Completely grateful that I have something that I will hold on to for the rest of my life




 meditation


 Downdog Splits


 Warrior 1


Modified Camel

1 comment:

  1. great post... and i must say i completely agree with you on the spouse stuff!

    ReplyDelete